Students successful in multiple regional competitions
- 08.07.2017 11:44
- Several of our students have been successful in regional rounds of various competitions recently. Angelika Fedáková achieved the most notable success of the bunch when she won the regional round of ICT School Olympics and will take part in a national round. Jakub Šľachtovský was the second best in School Olympics in German Language in our region. Jana Biganičová and Krisztián Margitics, who were competing in School Olympics in Russian Language, took the second and the third place, respectively. Barbora Plutová finished fourth in School Olympics in Slovak Language and Literature, missing out on the national round by an incredibly small margin. Congratulations to all our successful students!
Educate Slovakia brings interns from Brazil and Indonesia to our school
- 08.07.2017 11:43
- Our school took part in Educate Slovakia, a project which brings young people from different parts of the world to Slovak schools to do lectures and interactive workshops with students. These workshops promote intercultural understanding and global thinking while at the same time encouraging students to become more active users of English language. During one week of lessons with interns Audindra from Indonesia and Mayara from Brazil, students were given a wonderful opportunity to get to know the culture, traditions and lifestyle of people living in these countries. Students also organized interesting trips and activities for the interns in the afternoons and at the weekend. These included trying winter sports for the first time, cooking traditional Slovak meals together or going to the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum and Memorial, which both interns had always wanted to visit. Hopefully, this new learning experience has been a motivation for students to learn foreign languages so that they can travel and experience the world for themselves one day.
Open House: January 27, 2017
- 08.07.2017 11:41
- Our Open House attracted almost 200 visitors, mostly 8th and 9th graders accompanied by their teachers or parents, last week. Everyone could take part in various activities and classes, which were divided into multilingual, science and humanities section. You can relive the atmosphere via multiple photos and videos taken that day. That you very much for coming!
Laura Vyhnalová to recite prose on national level
- 08.07.2017 11:40
- Laura Vyhnalová and Michaela Prejsová did not disappoint in the regional round of “...a Slovo bolo u Boha”, which is a competition in recitation of poetry or prose. M. Prejsová took the 3rd place in the poetry category while L. Vyhnalová won the prose category and will recite on national level in Bratislava in March. Congratulations to both girls!
- 08.07.2017 11:38
- Spanish language students had a fairly non-traditional Spanish lesson before Christmas. Instead of sitting at their desks and working with their books, they learned how to prepare traditional Argentinean dishes in the school kitchen. They were more than happy to taste the culture of Spanish speaking countries this way, under the watchful eye and skilful hand of Ms. Biganičová.
Festive Prague welcomes 3rd grade students
- 08.07.2017 11:35
- 3rd graders enjoyed festive mood in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Their Tour de Prague started at Petřín, where they welcomed the sun and admired the breathtaking view of the city. Over the course of next two days they visited all architectural treasures and historic sights the city has to offer. Evenings were spent in festive spirit at Christmas markets.
Students put a smile on children’s faces
- 08.07.2017 11:34
- 4th graders used their talent and time for a good cause when they performed the best numbers from their prom programme for children living in The Children's Shelter in Stará Ľubovňa. It was a jolly afternoon full of laughter with the best magic show, dancing and games. This friendly gathering ended with a surprise movie night which both children and students equally enjoyed.
Anton Lauček stresses the importance of reading good literature
- 08.07.2017 11:31
- Writer and university lecturer Anton Lauček gave a presentation talking about reading, writing and the state of society. He talked about his books and shared stories that inspired him to write them. He also encouraged students to write and stressed the importance of reading from a young age. At the end he read from one on his books.